Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta) is a well-known player in the market for mid-sized and larger enterprises. ERP core functions are extended by industry specific modules for the the different departments.
The Web-Connector supports AX version 2009 with Application Integration Framework (from version 4.0). The web service provides defined and specifically authorized functions and data from the ERP that can be used by external applications for example the silver.eShop. The interface is based on the popular Open-TRANS format. All data are checked through configurable mapping.
Your local AX system will not experience overload thanks to the Application Object Server (AOS) which is dedicated to handle shop requests.
- Application Integration Framework Web Services AX 2009
- for newer AX versions a Web Service interface (SOAP) is necessary. The Web Service must support Web Service methods (e.g. reading of debtors, pricing, orders) used by silver.eShop
Available standard functions for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Reading item master data, item hierarchy, article variants
- Reading, modifying and creating contacts
- Reading, modifying and creating customers
- Reading and creating delivery addresses
- Instant generation of offers and orders
- Customer-specific pricing
- Stock query for defined storage locations
- Reading posted sales documents
- Reading active sales processes
- Multi-client capable
- Multilingual and multicurrency
- Web-Service interface